Code of Conduct
The following guidelines are not a legal document, and final interpretation is up to the administration of kcmo.social; they are here to provide you with an insight into our content moderation policies.
Moderators are authorized to take any action they see fit to protect the general community and encourage wide collaboration. If you attract the attention of a moderator here are the things you can do to demonstrate
your commitment to the community, a visible history of these kinds of actions will help us decide on a course of action:
- Listen to and respect peoples' requests to be left alone when asked
- Politely and constructively reminding others to modify their behavior when they are being disruptive
- De-escalating confrontational situations
- Hiding sensitive content behind a content warning
- Adding descriptive text to images
This instance has very much been inspired by and aims to follow the path of mastodon.social and their guidelines, which have been incorporated below:
The following types of content may be removed without warning from the public timeline:
- Excessive advertising
- Uncurated news bots posting from third-party news sources
- Untagged nudity, pornography and sexually explicit content, including artistic depictions
- Untagged gore and extremely graphic violence, including artistic depictions
The following types of content will be removed from the public timeline, and may result in account suspension and revocation of access to the service:
- Racism or advocation of racism
- Sexism or advocation of sexism
- Discrimination against gender and sexual minorities, or advocation thereof
- Xenophobic and/or violent nationalism
The following types of content are explicitly disallowed and will result in revocation of access to the service, with or without notice, and any identifying information may be shared with the relevant authorities:
- Sexual depictions of children
- Content illegal in Germany and/or France, such as holocaust denial or Nazi symbolism
- Conduct promoting the ideology of National Socialism
Any conduct intended to stalk or harass other users, or to impede other users from utilizing the service, or to degrade the performance of the service, or to harass other users, or to incite other users to perform any of the aforementioned actions, is also disallowed, and subject to punishment up to and including revocation of access to the service. This includes, but is not limited to, the following behaviors:
- Continuing to engage in conversation with a user that has specifically has requested for said engagement with that user to cease and desist may be considered harassment, regardless of platform-specific privacy tools employed.
- Aggregating, posting, and/or disseminating a person's demographic, personal, or private data without express permission (informally called doxing or dropping dox) may be considered harassment.
- Inciting users to engage another user in continued interaction or discussion after a user has requested for said engagement with that user to cease and desist (informally called brigading or dogpiling) may be considered harassment.
These provisions notwithstanding, the administration of the service reserves the right to revoke any user's access permissions, at any time, for any reason, except as limited by law.
This server is currently paid for by @james. It is not currently soliciting donations but it may in the future. If you would like to help consider funding mastodon instead.
It is hosted on Digital Ocean running on a three node Docker Swarm. It is backed up nightly. If you're here because you're considering running your own the setup scripts for this instance are available on Github.
kcmo.social may block some servers without notice.
Hero image is Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art | Kansas City, MO by Daniel X. O'Neil / CC BY 2.0
Instance thumbnail is Inside the Shuttlecock by Scott Robinson / CC BY 2.0
The following site emojis are from Emoji M y City by Single Wing Creative: